BookTalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BookTalk

A place made by book lovers, for book lovers

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bella109
Admin
bella109

Location : That place with all the tall, pointy mountains (aka Colorado)

Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109) Empty
PostSubject: Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109)   Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:04 am

WARNING: I do not own Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. They are property of Stephenie Meyer

NOTE: In the second part, a ~~~ indicates a switch in point of view.
---

Part One-Cause

Chapter 1: Goodbye Love

I pushed my legs faster, letting Jacob Black disappear behind me.

Maybe, if I ran fast and hard enough, I would forget my troubles, forget she ever existed.

Bella. Why'd you have to do this to me? I thought we were friends! I pleaded silently. I wish I could talk to her again, but I highly doubt that will happen. She'd chosen him over me. Who would want to be with a cold chunk of bloodsucking stone anyways?

That thought made me realize something. Soon, Bella would be a cold chunk of bloodsucking stone, like him. She'd be one of my mortal enemies. We could never be friends or see eachother again. That sent another wave of anguish crashing through me.

And her bloodsucker, Edward, wasn't helping much either. Didn't he know it would be tough for me, to see in print that she was leaving, marrying him. He should know how much I hurt, seeing as he can hear my every thought.

I'd run deep into the forest now. I have no clue where I am now.

"Come home when you can." Sam's words repeated in my head. But he should know too. I'd never be able to go home. There were too many memories there.

If I couldn't go home, what should I do? Maybe I should have done what I told Bella I was going to do. Take myself out of the picture. It would have been easier for us both. Sure, she'd mourn for my loss for a while, but soon she'd forget me and go back to living her "perfect" life with her "perfect" boyfriend. And I would be in no pain at all. I'd be gone, no longer able to torment myself and Bella with the mere fact that I'm still alive.

This train of thoughts got me thinking. Maybe I could take myself out of the picture. Yes, I would take myself out of the picture.

I finally figured out where I was. Not too far from where Bella had her first horrendus cliff-diving experiance. That gave me another idea. I ran off towards home to think and plan.

When I got home, I could see the concern in Billy's face. But he didn't say a word. I grabbed a notepad and went to my room.

Once there I sat on my bed and started to write:

Bella-
I'm sorry to do this to you. It its easier this way, don't you see? I'll be out of the picture, so you won't have to worry about hurting me. I know this will hurt you, but soon I will fade out of your memories. Just, years from now, when you are still with him, remember that I loved you and there was always a second choice. Just remember that for me, ok? Also, remember that you were my last thought.
Goodbye Love,
Jake

And with that I got up and strode out of the house.

The first stop I made was to Bella's house, to leave my note. I left it next to her bed, so she would see it when she came up for bed. I wish I could see her again, but I knew that would be too hard on me, too hard on her.

As soon as that task was done, I headed back to the beach. I knew this would be tough on Bella, leaving her the way she almost left me, but it was the only way I could think of doing it.

Soon I reaced the top of the cliff. I prepared myself for what was to come. A hint of hesitation came in to my mind. Should I really do this? I pushed that thought away, remembering that this was the best thing to do.

I had now reached the precipice. This was it. It was all ending now. I remembered my note to Bella, saying she would be my last thought. Goodbye love, I said to her, willing her to know what i was going to do, to come and stop me.

And with her face in my mind, I jumped, never to come back up again

---

Part Two-Effect

Chapter One-Too Late

I walked into the house, Edward coming in behind me. Charlie wasn't home yet so we had the house to ourselves. I headed up the stairs to check my email. Edward was about to follow me up when he stopped suddenly. When I didn't fell him behind me, I turned around. He was staring off towards the distance.

"Edward, what's the matter?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied innocently, "but I think I left something in the car." And with that he was out the door. This worried me. I knew he was not out in the car, retrieving his "forgotten" item, but searching the woods around the house. WAs there another vengeful army of newborns out there waiting for me? Or was it the Volturi, back to finish me off? Don't be silly, I told myself. Alice would have seen if they were coming. I continued up to my room.

As I walked in, I looked over towards the bed, expecting to see Edward there. He wasn't back yet. And there was a new addition to the clutter on my bedside table. I went over to investigate. It was a not, with "Bella" scribbled across the front in Jacob's unmistakable handwriting. I opened it up and started reading.

With each line I read it felt as if a hole was being ripped into my already battered heart. He wouldn't do this, would he? But, knowing Jake, he would.

And, as realization hit me, I sank to the floor in despair.

~~~

"Bella?" I inquired as I walked into her room. I looked around but could not see her. Where could she have gone? Then, I noticed a lump on the floor, clutching a piece of paper. "Bella, dear, what's the matter?" I asked, worry think in my voice.

"Jacob..." she said. And then she was gone.

I gently lifted her up onto her bed. She was out cold. She didn't even react to my touch, like she normally did. Her hands were gripped tight around the note, even in unconsciousness. It took little effort on my part to pry it out of her hands.

Rage grew inside me as I read the note. How could he do this to Bella? Didn't he know how fragile she was? Then, inspiration struck me. Maybe it wasn't too late. I knew it would be breaking the treaty, but I would do anything now to stop the pain this ordeal was causing her. The way she looked right now brought up painful images, images imprinted in my mind by Jacob, of Bella after I left her. I couldn't let her go through that again.

I jumped up and out of the window, hoping I wasn't too late.

~~~

When I awoke, the first thing I remembered was falling to the floor. But where I was lying now was much too soft to be the floor. Pain ripped through me as I remembered why I fell to the floor.

Jacob... my mind flew to the note, which was supposed to be in my hand. Instead I found it next to me. That would explain how I got onto the bed. Edward must have come in and seen me on the floor, put me on the bed, and read the note. But that didn't explain where he was now, when I really needed him. Then I noticed an addition to the end of the note.

Gone to La Push it said in Edward's perfect script. I hoped it wasn't too late. And then the pain dragged me under once more.

~~~

It didn't take me long to reach First Beach. I could see a tiny dot at the edge of the tallest cliff. I knew that had to be Jacob. I started off at a run but soon abruptly stopped. The dot had jumped and my mind was filled with pictures of Bella.

I changed my course and hoped I could drag him out before his heart stopped beating.

Though I was fast, I wasn't fast enough. I was just in time to see his eyes close for the last time and a small smile flit across his face. I dragged him out of the water, yelling at him the whole time.

"Who do you think you are, you stupid dog? Do you know how much pain you're causing Bella?" But I got no reply. His body was cold and unresponsive under my fingers.

I couldn't just leave him here, so I picked him up and carried him home.

Billy's face was full of despair as I walked in the door. Neither of us said a word as I laid his body on the couch. I looked up at Billy. His mind was full of questions and accuasations. Why? Who did this? I betcha it was one of those vampires!

Slowly, I said "I'm so sorry Billy. I tried to save him, but I was too late. His was not the deed of a vampire. He did this to himself. He left a note for Bella." And then I left, with one last apologetic glace towards Billy, to convey the bad news to the one person I didn't was to share it with.

~~~

I knew I was awake, but everything was a haze. Who ever knew Jacob was like that? Why would he do this? All these questions whirled through my mind as I lay there.

Soon I heard a soft click as the door closed. Almost simotaniously I felt a cold presence next to me. I could see the relief in his eyes that I was awake. But his face was filled with saddness.

"I'm so sorry, Bella. I was too late." Thats when the tears spilled over. My last remaining love held me as I cried.
---

Well, there it is...
Sorry if theres any grammar or spelling mistakes...tell me about those and I'll fix them
Please leave all comments in my comment thread. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bella109
grendel

Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109)   Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 pm

I saw a few spelling and grammar errors. Near the end you used the word simotaniously. It's actually spelled simultaneously. Also when Edward gives the news to Billy, you use "...to convey the news to the one person I didn't was to share it with." I think you mean "the one person I didn't want to share it with." You wrote near the beginning: "I'd run deep into the forest now. I have no clue where I am now." I think you want to change have to had to make the tenses match up. In "horrendus cliff-diving experience," it is spelled horrendous. One last one. When Edward and Bella enter the house, it said, "when I didn't fell him behind me." I think you want feel instead.

Sorry for all the corrections. I didn't mean to sound critical or anything. I'm only an English geek and I think the corrections would make the story read easier. Good story otherwise.
Back to top Go down

Cause and Effect-A Twilight Fanfic by Alicia (aka bella109)
Page 1 of 1